Wednesday 7 January 2015

Goodbye 2014.


Hello again!
So this post is a little overdue. Seeing as we are seven days into 2015...

I'm not big on the whole 'new year, new me' rubbish, in general I don't see the big deal about it turning a new year really. Saying that, 2014 was a pretty big year for me in a way. 

In January I started up FranklyMsShankly and I can honestly say it's one of the best things I have ever did. To have my own little space on the internet to talk and ramble about all the things in my life is great. It is a hobby for me but it's opened my eyes to a whole different world out there. From the incredible events I've been, to the truly inspiring people I have met. I just wonder why it took me so long to start this.

I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for my blog, so it's only fitting that I recap some of my highlights from 2014!


 On the 20th of January I uploaded my first ever blog post. I really had no idea what I was doing (I sill don't to be fair), I just knew I wanted somewhere to write down my feelings and experiences in life.

My first post was all about an amazing trip I had taken to Argyle. It was such a lovely weekend, so I thought it was a good way to start off my blog. If you fancy checking it out, I have posted a link below the picture.

My first proper blog post! 
  
After that, I did a couple of OOTD posts and one about the Batman collection from Black Milk. It's strange looking back at even photos from last year. Even though it's hardly that long ago, I do see changes in how I dress etc.

2014 seemed to be a year of me trying new things. Starting blogging was obviously the main one but I also dabbled in 'modeling'.
 Well I did it twice....

Photo by Rosie McKenna
 The first time was for my good friend Melissa. It was beautifully set in the Glasgow Botanic Gardens. It was bloody freezing and I was ridiculously awkward but it was so much fun! My post about it is here: 'I'm No Derek Zoolander'

The second time I modeled was for the wonderful Wear Eponymous.


It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. To go into a proper studio and meet the team behind Wear Eponymous. I was just blown away. Plus it was one of the first times I got to meet other bloggers which was wonderful.
Speaking about other bloggers, I've just loved how many people I've got to meet this year. I can be a little shy and generally anti social at times but from going to events and meeting other bloggers, I feel like I'm finally coming out of my shell. 

Edinburgh has a really wonderful blogging community. I really never knew there is so many of us. 
This inspired myself, Sultana and Farah to start up 'Edinburgh Bloggers'.
We have had a few events from this and I just can't wait to see what this year holds. 



I can't get over the amazing friends that I've met through blogging. It has to be one of the best things about starting a blog. The community is just lovely.








I'm not saying 2014 was a perfect year. In many ways it's been a very hard year due to stress and health issues but knowing I had this page and the support of friends and family has made it so much better. 

I'm hoping to concentrate much harder on my blog this year. I do have a tendency to be a little lazy and forgetful but I won't let that happen. I have so many ideas for future blog posts and I can't wait to share them all with you.

Lastly a massive thank you is in order to everyone who has been there and supported me throughout 2014. You are all just wonderful in so many ways.

I hope you all have an amazing year. Let's do this!

Till the next time!


X


3 comments:

  1. Loved reading this recap of your year, wishing you all the best for the year ahead.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! So proud of you and your blog and how far you have come :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really gives me hope! I was reluctant to start blogging because I knew it was a hard thing to get up and running... but now I have faith that I just might be able to do it :)

    ReplyDelete