Friday 20 March 2015

OOTD: Forever Wearing Black


Hello again!

It's time for another little OOTD style post. Spring is pretty much here even if the weather is tricking us into thinking it is still winter. It's time for flowers, baby animals, easter eggs, pastels etc!
So what does one wear for the start of spring? ....All black of course!



 Duster Coat: I think you should know by now...
Dress: Boohoo
Boots: New Look
Bag: Primark
Scarf: Pinched from my other half

 
Can we just take a second to admire my new handbag:


 I've been on the hunt for a new handbag for ages but I am such a picky lady. My favourite type of bag is slightly oversized and rather slouchy. This white number from Primark is a lot more structured that what I would usually go for but I just fell in love. It's incredibly chic looking. Plus the yellow part pop out and be used as a little clutch which is pretty bloody cool. So good work Primark!

Looking back at all my recent outfit photos, it is becoming more and more apparent that I am a big fan of monochrome. It could be seen that I am stuck in a 'style rut' but really I just feel more comfortable right now not wearing a whole load of colours and bright prints. It's sort of becoming my thing. Emily refuses to wear colours!

I've always wondered how I would describe my style to someone but I just don't think I could. I change my mind so much and take inspiration from lots of different things. It could be from music, films, books, others around me. It seems like so many people I know have a signature look and as much as I would love to have one, I just go through phases too much.

I do feel that I am starting to feel more comfortable again with taking risks with my outfits. I'm wearing a lot more trousers and jeans. I've also stopped caring if people think I look weird. Fashion should be about having fun and expressing yourself. Though my all black ensembles seem to be expressing my more moodier side right now. Maybe I will try to brighten up my wardrobe for Summer. Just need to find colours that won't clash with my big ginger head!

Do you think you have a signature go to look? Or are you like me, find youself changing all the time?

Till the next time!



X



2 comments:

  1. Omg, that bag is so gorgeous! I was shocked when I realised it was from Primark, I'll need to try and nab one for myself. I go through phases with my outfits, but at the moment I'm trying to be a bit more adventurous. There are so many new trends and pieces that I'd like to try and style but sadly my student budget is a little bit limiting at the moment! xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a bit of monochrome - classic and elegant. Really like your outfit Emily and love the bag. Its gorgeous. I feel like I am in a bit of a rut at the moment, as seem to be wearing the same things regularly but have a wardrobe full! Lianne x
    Rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete