Wednesday 17 February 2016

Galentine's Day: Part Two



Hello again, welcome to part two of my Galentine's Day posts!


After having an early Galentine's Day the week before with the Wardrobe Conversations girls (which you can read about in my previous post), it was finally Sunday the 14th. Now technically Galentine's Day falls on the Saturday before but I of course had to be different. So my afternoon was spent with two of my best friends and in the evening with my other half as actual 'Valentine's Day'. 

Being the typical bloggers we are, naturally we ended up taking a few 'outfit pictures'. Check out how we spent our Galentine's Day date. 
After day of terrible weather, the sun finally made an appearance on my way down to The Roseleaf in Leith. I have raved about this place to so many people now and I will save you the spiel, just go down and order brunch. You will not be disappointed.

It ended up being the perfect setting for our Galentine's date. Meeting with Louise (Love from Lou Lou) and Katie (Little's Katie's Little Thoughts) we had some delicious food and swapped Galentine's cards. 




Both Katie and Louise got me the best cards ever, one with cats on it and the other about zombies. Basically my two favourite things in the world. 

Food wise, I had said before to my other half that I was planning to just get a light brunch but The Big Yin was calling my name so of course it ended up in front of me. I will stand by the statement that this is the best full breakfast you can get in Edinburgh (even if it does contain beans...)

After filling up our bellies with food and cocktails, we headed out towards the shore to take some pictures. Even though it was pretty windy, we were incredibly lucky that it was a fairly nice day. 



Coat - New Look
Jeans - New Look
Mesh T Shirt - Primark
Vest - H&M
Bag: Primark
Boots: New Look
Necklace: Primark


I decided to stick with a fairly casual outfit for the day. Going with my favourite and comfiest jeans in the whole world and pairing them with this mesh tshirt. I actually found this shirt in Primark last year for £2, a bloody bargain!  

As you can see I seem to be going through a slight love affair with New Look. For ages it was a place that I never ever thought about but recently I had been finding myself going more and more often. This was mainly due to their sizings. It might not be the same for everyone but I am starting to find shops like H&M, Topshop and Primark are a little off with it comes to sizes. I am normally a size 12/14 but it was getting to a point where I couldn't fit into a pair of size 14 jeans in H&M.

So I ended up giving New Look a try and found that my usual size fit me perfectly in there. Those jeans are a 14 and are actually a little big round the waist but perfect everywhere else. So I think for now they have found a new fan in me. 



Now you might be wondering, if it was only the three of us how did you manage to get a shot of you all together? Did a fourth person come along to help out? No.. 
Katie ended up using that wonderful noggin of her to put the camera on top of a bin with the self time and viola, photo of us all together. Granted it actually took a lot of shots to get to one we all fairly agreed on but that's the joys of blogger friends. 

I'm incredibly lucky to have found two amazing friends like Louise and Katie. Throughout the last year so much has changed for all of us but we've all been there for each other. We may live in different cities now but we make sure we are still close. This is also a reason I am now a big fan of Galentine's Day.

I had a pretty wonderful day and I think every year I am going to make sure celebrate Galentine's. You don't have to be single or in a relationship, just plan a day with your favourite friends and show each other how much you mean.


Hope you've enjoyed my little Galentine's Day posts and it inspires you to give it a go next year!


Till the next time!


X

2 comments: