Friday 10 March 2017

Frankly Fashion: A Week In The Life Of My Wardrobe


Hello!

One question I will forever struggle with is "How would you describe your style?". I ramble a whole list of things from my love of monochrome to taking inspiration from pop culture but when it comes down to it, I really don't know how I would describe my style. 

I've always been someone who likes to try new things fashion wise. I get bored and restless easy, plus the ex-actor (lol) in me loves the idea of dressing up. Not exactly being someone else but having fun and taking on a role or a theme. 

I started off this week by pestering people around me to take outfit photos, come Wednesday I had a plan in mind. Why not take a photo every day at work then write up a little a "A Glimpse Into The Life Of Emily's Weekday Fashion Choices" (hopefully I've not used that as the actual title of this blog, apologies if I have. It's awful.) 

All my jobs, bar one, in the past have made me wear a uniform. Once I started working at my current job, I was a little lost. I had to dress myself every day. Of course you know I had to "dress myself" before but this time I had blank canvas so to speak.

Luckily my office is fairly casual so I don't need to dress up smart so I have full reign over my ridiculous fashion choices. So join me as we take a journey through my weekday wardrobe:

Monday



Cardigan - Vintage
Dress - ASOS
Hat - Vintage 
Boots - New Look 

Bonjour je m'appelle Emily. Yes, friends this outfit ended up being rather Parisian inspired. I guess that is what a beret does to you. Isn't stereotyping fun boys and girls? 

Now, everyone thinks all I do is wear black, white or grey but look colours. Pretty bright colours. I'm not always a big moody goth. 

Tuesday



Dress - H&M
Belt - I've no idea 
Necklace - Forever 21 
Glasses - Vintage 
Boots - New Look 

I very rarely wear anything that can be described as 'body con'. As much as I am learning to love and embrace my body, I am still really self-conscious in anything tight, which is a shame cause I have a damn good arse really. 

However, come Tuesday I decided to be brave and pull out this delightful polka dot number!

Wednesday 



Top - Urban Outfitters
Cardigan - No idea, soz
Skirt - H&M 
Boots - Everything 5 Pounds
Tights - Primark 
Necklace - Forever 21 

When did fishnets come back in fashion? Were they ever out of fashion? Either way, I am so happy they are back. Even if my cold legs did not feel the same. 

I am a sucker for grungy look, I guess you could say that is a style of mine. It is one I do sway towards a lot these days. 


Thursday 



Hat - H&M
Dress - Primark
Jacket - Primark
Trainers - Primark, again...
Necklace - you know... 
Choker - Claire's Accessories 

As you can see I make very sensible and adult choices when it comes to work wear. I am there to mean business so obviously I have to wear a Micky Mouse baseball cap. It just screams professional. 

Top tip - if you want to actually eat and not look like you have smeared melted liquorice on your face, don't wear black lipstick all day. It is messy and a pain in the arse, even if you look ~cool~ and ~edgy~. 

Friday 



Dress - BooHoo
Tights - Primark
Cape - Mango 
Harness - Ultimo 

The end of my work week is here and of course that means wear Batman tights and a harness. This BooHoo skater dress has been a good friend to me. Whenever I am having a wardrobe based meltdown, there it is, waiting on me. 

These tights are quite possibly my new favourites. Anything Batman related is always going to go down a treat with me. They are fairly subtle so it is like embracing my geeky ways but in a kinda of professional grown up manner..... oh, how am I kidding...



So how can I describe my style? I guess you could say it is somewhat 'quirky' (shudder at that word) with a dash of grunge and goth but really I will forever just love mixing looks up and having fun with fashion!

Till the next time!


x

5 comments:

  1. Love the variety of your looks :) You look amazing in that bodycon dress xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay this is really cute. I like this idea a lot. If I do something similar I'm definitely linking back to you. Plus all of these outfits are super cute. You look fierce in that polka dot dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rather liked "Glimpse Into The Life Of Emily's Weekday Fashion Choices" title :D. Thanks for the tip regarding the black lipstick. I love the look of it, and though I haven't been out in full drag in a while, if I did again I might well have chosen it. The black lipstick looks beautiful in that last photo. The vintage red cardigan and blue Asos dress look pretty together. You looked fab in the polka-dotted H+M dress on Tuesday. I love the fishnets and the swingy look of the H+M skirt in the Wednesday outfit and the Primark tights in the Friday outfit. In fact I love all five of the skirts, dresses, and over all looks of the OOTDs you styled.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. EVERYTHING IS ADORABLE AND FOXY AT THE SAME TIME. You are a babe. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very informative blog because I have never seen this type of post before, You have bought a useful thing which easily helps to tranfer the gas from solid material. Thanks for sharing this blog with us.

    ReplyDelete