Monday 10 July 2017

OOTD: Nike Bomber Jacket


Hello!

Recently it feels like good luck is something that just passes me by but one department of my life has been pretty good - shopping!

So yeah, I am pretty darn skint so alas shopping hasn't been high up on my list but I seem to be on a roll when it comes to amazing charity shop finds. 

In the last few months I've come across gorgeous dresses,quirky tops and a pair of leather look trousers that amazingly actually fitted.

However, these finds pale in comparison to the bad boy that I am about to talk about. 

Bombers jackets are very "in" because, well, when are they not "in". I've searched the high street thoroughly for the perfect one and came up short every single time. I decided bomber jackets are just obviously not for me and I should move on. 

You know that whole annoying saying about when you stop looking for love it finds you? Well, that happened to me in the form of the most gorgeous bomber jacket in all the land. 


I've toyed back and forth when it comes to the sports luxe trend. Goth/Emo teenage Emily would look at it with disgust but mid twenties Emily had a slight change of heart. I still can't imagine ever owning a pair of trackie bottoms just yet but I am warming to the trend quite a lot. 

Now, let's set the scene - I am walking through Morningside on a beautiful sunny day. I've not long been made redundant so I am feeling a little down in the dumps. During my lovely walk, I stumble into The British Red Cross shop. I look through some gorgeous dresses but alas nothing catches my eye or if it does it's not my size. 

Then, just like in slow motion, I pull back a basic winter coat and there it is - the bomber jacket of my dreams. 



Jacket - Nike (The British Red Cross)
Top - The Gap
Skirt - H&M
Necklace - Primark 
Trainers - Primark
Handbag - Hallhuber 

From the relaxed sporty style, the soft as hell material and the fabulous colour, I knew it had to be mine. I had a sense of dread when I looked at the tag, fearing it would be too small or out of my price range but fate was on my side that fine day. Yes, that perfect jacket was my size and only £25. 

In all honesty I probably didn't really have £25 to spend on a jacket but this was a bargain too good to miss. 




This ended up being a good month or so ago, so you've probably seen this jacket on my Insta several times by now. That is the sign of a good purchase I think. 

I've always been a big fan of charity and vintage shopping but I still have a bad habit of just going to the high street. However the last few months have opened my up my eyes and I am going to make more of an effort to get myself out to places like Morningside and have a good rake through the hidden gems you can find in the charity shops. 

What's your all time favourite vintage or charity shop find? 


Till the next time!


X







2 comments:

  1. Love love the jacket.... I miss you loads. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Love the jacket. And your hair looks so amazing and the color of your jacket looks so good with it. And yes I think charity shops are always worth a purchase.

    ReplyDelete