Sunday 3 August 2014

Fashion Tips For Edinburgh Fringe Festival

Hello!


So as alot of you will know, August is a very exciting time to be in Edinburgh. The wonderful Fringe Festival is happening. In case you are not aware of it, basically it's only just the largest arts festival in the world. No big deal eh?


Now during this week I'm going to try my best to have a few posts up about things i've done and seen. Possibly a new OOTDs too which will tie into what this post is about.

So if you are coming to this wonderful city and planning on seeing some shows, i've done this post to give you some little tops on what to wear/bring with you.

Edinburgh is beautiful. No doubt about it but the weather can your best friend or worst enemy. Sometimes both in the one day. That's why it's important to plan ahead and expect anything.
So I've done a few little outfit ideas for you:




So for the first look, I went very casual. When you are in Edinburgh during the festival, you will find yourself walking loads. You want to make sure you see everything and you also want to make sure your feet wont be dying at the end of it all. You can't go wrong with a good pair of Dr Martens. Comfy and stylish. 

It can be very busy during the Fringe, especially if you venture up the Royal Mile. So you may be better with a little bag. Just carry your essentials and you won't have any problem getting through the crowds with this adorable mini satchel.

As most people know, I am more of a dress girl. So this fairly simple floral dress paired with some comfy black tights can easily work in whatever weather. If it's a hot day, leave the tights. If it's cold, shove on a little leather jacket. Sorted!

Look Number Two:


As you can see I've went for more of a feminine outfit for the second look. I'm loving full skirts at the moment. Very girly but the sheer panel gives it a little edge. 

Pairing it with some brogues and a trench give it that classic look but added with a modern twist thanks to the Narmode tee. Also how adorable is that brolly! (Something you will most likely need in Edinburgh)

Look Number Three:


Lastly I have went for a more day to night sort of look. If you are like me and enjoy checking out all the pop up bars during the festival, then this look is perfect. The white tee and disco pants combo is a  favourite of mine. 

Pairing them with a loose blazer and statement sandals take it from the casual look into something more glamorous. To protect you from the chance of wind and rain, get yourself a ChouChou hood to keep you all cozy. Plus since it's Edinburgh, you can't beat a little bit of tartan. 

Well, I hope you've enjoyed my post. Let me know what look is your favourite or let me know what you plan to wear to for the Fringe!

Keep your eyes peeled for more posts about the festival during the week.

Till the next time!

X



5 comments:

  1. Ah this is great! I'll be fringing it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely.
    I have nominated you for a Liebster award. Check out my blog for more info :) xxx
    http://www.cocomadeherdoit.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a hit or miss with weather but these suggestions would survive rain, hail or shine! Great style ups, Emily! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it.
    https://www.kisiri.co.za/homecoming-dresses-320

    ReplyDelete