Friday 19 September 2014

My love affair with Armstrongs Vintage Emporium


Hello!
So today is a big day in Scotland and I could spend ages going on about my feelings on it all but I would struggle to be positive. So I'm going to share with you all one of my favourite shops in Edinburgh!

I wish I could remember the first time I went in there but I'm thinking it was when I was 16/17?
Love it or hate it, vintage clothes are everywhere right now and as you all will probably know, I'm a massive fan. From the 20's to the 80's, I love it all. I love how special, individual the pieces can be. I even weirdly like the smell. 

The minute you walk into Armstrongs Vintage Emporium you are just blown away by the range of stuff on offer. From wedding dress, kilts, wigs, sunglasses to shoes. They have so much!

It's a popular haunt for vintage lovers in Edinburgh and my go to place to find something that you won't ever get on the high street.

So I'm going to share with you some of my purchases over the years. Some of these photos are old, so you can imagine i'm cringing a little bit!

 Amazing red hat which sadly I cannot find anymore!

 Leopard print polo neck jumper. Which is also a leotard...

Striped skater skirt which I still wear to this day!
 
Not the best photo but this is a pretty hideous but amazing jumper. 
 
 Told you they do amazing sunglasses!

 One of my favourite jackets ever.

 Amazing tailcoat which I wore to a Rocky Horror night

 Me and my lovely friend Heather posing with some wigs.

 I will always regret not buying this jumper.

 The amazing £14 dress I bought for my parents anniversary party!
Seriously look at that bad boy!

 Slightly nuts 60s dress. Wish I had the balls to wear it more.

One of my new favourite. Was less than £20 and fits like a dream

I've bought loads more but sadly I cannot find photos of some stuff. As you can see I'm a girl who likes to change her hair and loves vintage clothes!

If you live in central Scotland or planning a trip to Edinburgh, you should totally check out Armstrongs.

Situated on the beautiful grassmarket, you can't miss it. 
Also you can check them out here: http://www.armstrongsvintage.co.uk/

Are you a vintage fan or are you a skeptic on the whole thing?

I may do more posts about my favourite places in Edinburgh, so stay tuned!

Till the next time!


X

1 comment:

  1. I love Armstrongs! I used to go loads as a teenager but haven't so much recently. I definitely need to go have a good rummage soon! You should definitely wear that dress second from the bottom more - it's absolutely gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete