Tuesday 7 April 2015

OOTD: Sun, Springtime and Sunglasses


Hello again!


Unless you were hiding away in bed over Easter, you will know that the sun finally made an appearance. After months of rubbish cold, rainy, windy weather, we finally got a glimpse of summer. I was actually working all weekend but luckily the Monday was still really lovely. These chances don't happen often in Scotland so you really have to make the most of it. 


I think it's fairly obvious by now that I am a fan of wearing dark colours which is perfect for when the weather isn't playing nice. I get caught off guard when the sun comes out. You can't really get away with wearing all black then can you?




 Dress: Primark
Cardigan: H&M
Shoes: Primark
Belt: River Island
Sunglasses: Primark
Bag: Primark


I got this dress from Primark last summer and I really don't wear it as much as I should. Personally, I think it's the perfect summer dress. Sweetheart neckline, pastel blue, plaid and a full skirt. Just be careful if it's windy. I had a few Marilyn Monroe moments, though I didn't look as classy as her. 
Being a girl who is slightly on the curvier side, I do love a 50's style dress. Anything that nips me in the waist is always a winner for me. 


About a month ago the wonderful Claire Barclay had an Instagram competetion to win one of her amazing name necklaces. I was over the moon when I got the notification to say I was a winner. This was the first chance I have had to wear it. The rest of my outfit had a slight cartoony feel, so it fitted in perfectly. 

It actually felt nice to wear something colourful for once. Don't get me wrong, I love my normal monochrome style but I am feeling like it's time to invest in some bright clothes for summer. Let's just hope the sun makes another appearance soon. All I want to do is sit in the meadows and have a few drinks with some good friends!


Did you get a chance to enjoy the weather this weekend?

Till the next time!


X






8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this dress - it looks amazing on you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a different look for you! The dress is so pretty - and Eastery too! I totally agree it feels good to wear brighter colours when the sun is out. Can't wait to hang out in the meadows too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love!
      Yeah I can't wait for a bloggers day out in the meadows! ❤️

      Delete
  3. Thank you witchy woo! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is gorgeous on you, you look like you should be carrying a wee picnic basket and riding a wee bike! <3 I love the blue with your orange hair too - perfect outfit, Miss Emily!
    Amii x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete