Wednesday 22 April 2015

OOTD: New hair and Pineapples


Hello!

So first things first, I've had a slight couple of weeks break from my blog. Sometimes health and work stuff just gets in the way but I'm back with a little OOTD post! 
I've actually got loads of posts coming up soon and I am excited for the next few months ahead. Especially now that the sun has been making more of an appearance.



Dress: Primark
Belt: River Island
Shoes: Garage 
Bag: Primark

It was only about 17 degrees on the day I wore this outfit but come on, we don't get many chances in Scotland and you just have to make the most of it. I actually bought this dress last summer but only got a few chances to wear it. It's pretty different from my usual style, in that it's not completely black. Plus who doesn't want a dress covered in pineapples?!

Other than the fact I'm wearing some colour for a change, I've also changed it up a little bit with my hair. The last couple of months I have been going for a very blunt style bob. Don't get me wrong, I did love it but I just wanted something a little different. I've always longed to have thick wavy hair but as it always goes, I ended up with rather thin straight hair. After getting some layers cut into my hair and dicussing the best way to get more texture in my hair with my hairdresser, I bought myself some sea salt spray. Instead of blow drying my hair as soon as I come out of the shower, I spray the sea salt, scrunch my hair up and just let it dry naturally. I was so happy with the results.
Finally the wavy/messy hair I have been wanting for ages. I think I will be going for this undone look a lot more now we are getting into the Summer months!

It wouldn't be a day in the sun without a gin or two...

Have you been making the most of this little mini spring heatwave we are having?

Till the next time


X

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this outfit - you look fantastic! I think this length of dress is ideal for the weather we've been having lately as it's still nice and summery but won't result in flashing everyone when that breeze appears xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this dress! I have a thing about pineapples at the moment.. they are just too cute :) You look lovely in it :) xxx

    Sam | Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this dress Emily, ah! bring back the sunshine!

    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is so cute! And I absolutely love your dress. I can't get enough of pineapples. Can it be summer already?

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Major style envy over here!

    ReplyDelete