Tuesday 28 July 2015

OOTD: Polka Dots and Hula


Hello!

It's been a while since I've had the chance to do a little OOTD post. I am going to be trying my best to get more done in the next few weeks, fingers crossed we get some better weather. Scottish summer as usual is meaning lots of rain. I've actually ended up with a cold! 
Where is the sun? What happened to the days spent sitting in a beer garden? Hopefully with the festival coming up soon, the weather will pick up and we can finally enjoy summer!

 So a couple of weeks back, I was on day off work and shockingly the sun actually made a cheeky little appearance. In fact, I wasn't even prepared for such a nice day so I had to a last minute outfit change!


Faux Leather Jacket: George at Asda
Vest: Primark
Polka Dot Jeans: Primark
Bag: Primark
Shoes: Primark
Necklace: Primark
Sunglasses: "Borrowed" from boyfriend


I recently acquired these amazing jeans from my mother. She has been going running and keeping healthy for the last year which means some of her clothes now no longer fit her. Luckily for me, it means I can "borrow" her old clothes. These jeans are so cute and surprisingly comfy. I have a love hate relationship with Primark sizing and I was convinced they would be far too tight on me but they fit like a glove. As you all have probably noticed but in the last year I have been wearing a lot more jeans and trousers. I think I am finally starting to feel comfy in them to the point where I actually find myself looking for trousers over a skirt! 

I also recently got this cute little vest and necklace from Primark. I originally dismissed this vest as just going with one outfit, but I have found myself wearing it loads. It's so simple and basic but has a lovely shape. It works perfectly by itself or paired with an open shirt. If the temperature starts to heat up then I may have to go back and purchase a few more. The necklace, which can just be seen in my photos, looks a lot like the whole Illuminati triangle/eye thing. I'm not going to lie, I am a sucker for this type of design. I don't particularly believe in the whole thing but I've always loved triangle based designs. Plus, I love 'tacky' in your face gold jewellery like that. 


Since it was a lovely day, I decided to treat myself and popped into Hula. I had met Susan from Hula recently at Zomato's 7th Birthday Party at Waverly Station and she was so kind to give me a voucher for two for one on smoothies. It was the perfect day to grab one. Of course, I ended up getting myself a little cake too. Look at how amazing it was, it would have been rude to not have bought it!

I will need to pop in again and properly try out their lunch menu as it all looked so tasty and healthy! 

Till the next time!


X




1 comment:

  1. Wow that cake looks soo amazing and okay, I think I officially need those jeans in my life haha! I hope the weather clears up for you soon or else you're going to be at some very muddy festivals! :P x

    ReplyDelete