Thursday 16 July 2015

Deliveroo has arrived in Edinburgh!


Why hello there!

So as you all probably aware of, I've not been the most active blogger these days. A combination of having no Wifi in my flat and working has left my blog a little bit neglected. I also have a big change coming up in my life right now, one which is making me incredibly excited but also has been taking up a lot of time as well but I am back with a new post all about Deliveroo
Deliveroo is a fairly new company to come to Scotland but has been a big hit in London and is going to change the way we order takeaway in the city. As we all know Edinburgh offers up some amazing restaurants and though you can't beat the feeling of going out for a meal, sometimes you want to have that wonderful food but you just want to stay in your pajamas. Deliveroo works with hundreds of restaurants throughout the UK and will bring the lovely food straight to you. A perfect idea if you want something more than a chippy or you are feeling too lazy to cook yourself.

I was lucky enough to get to try out this service*. For someone who enjoys good food but is a little on the lazy side when it comes to cooking, I was pretty excited about this. 

The way Deliveroo works is that you pop onto the website, type in your postcode and you will get a list of all the restaurants if you area. To make sure you are getting your food at the tip top condition, they will aim to deliver it to you within 32 minutes. So not every restaurant in Edinburgh will be available to you as it all goes by area. At the time when I got to try out the service, they didn't actually deliver to Leith but the wonderful team at Taste Communications and Deliveroo were able to sort that all out for me. 



Due to them not having Leith as one of their areas at the time, I was able to order from in town which meant I got to have food from one of my favourite restaurants in Edinburgh, Bonsai Bistro. One of the best parts of the service is that you can arrange a delivery for any time between noon and 11pm, so say you are having a stressful afternoon at work and don't fancy cooking a big meal at home, you could pop onto the website, order your meal and get it delivered for when you get home. I could quite happily come home everyday to some fresh sushi.

When I ordered my meal, I had been told due to the fact Leith was not in their list yet, the delivery time might be a little bit different from their average 32 minutes but I ordered my meal for 7pm and bang on 7pm, it had arrived. So many times I've ordered takeaway and sat about for ages wondering if it will ever arrive. When it comes to packaging, that's all down to whatever restaurant you order from but your Deliveroo driver will always make sure everything is up to scratch on that front. 


Quite honestly, I couldn't have been more impressed with the service I received. The team were incredibly helpful with letting me try the service out, quick delivery, the driver, himself, was very freindly and the found arrived to me perfectly. It also tasted amazing, just like I expect from when I go into Bonsai Bistro. 

Now that Deliveroo has officialy arrived in Leith, I can really see myself using the service more.
 I think it could be a perfect idea for when you have friends round. If you don't want to be chained to the kitchen the whole time when you have company or you want to order in something a little more special than a pizza. This is the service for you! 

Massive thank you to Deliveroo and Taste Communications for giving me the chance to try out this amazing service!
 
You can check out Deliveroo here: https://deliveroo.co.uk/ 


Till the next time!


X





*I was invited to try out Deliveroo for a review. Though the meal was complimentary, all views are my own


1 comment: