Wednesday 14 October 2015

Edinburgh Restaurant Festival



Hello!

After friends and family, food is quite possibly one of the greatest loves of my life. In the last year, I have found myself eating out more and trying new things. I think I can officially call myself a 'foodie' now. So naturally I was pretty excited to hear that This Is Edinburgh are running 'Edinburgh Restaurant Festival'. A perfect chance to find new and amazing places in my wonderful city. Even better the restaurant participating are offering special menus. 3 course meal for £15 (lunch) and £25 (dinner). 

I was lucky enough to pop along to the launch night of the festival at No. 8 Lister Square, who are of course one of the participating restaurants. I've visited No. 8 a few times now but always just for drinks. For the night they had special canapés on offer which represented a mixture of the flavours of the special menu.


My favourite had to the be the truffle oil arancini which just had the most wonderful flavour and texture. I decided to be risky and try a prawn. As mentioned before, I am not a big fan of shell fish and prawns especially have never a winner for me. To be fair on it, the flavour was actually lovely but the texture just wasn't doing much for me. As you can see by my face here: 


After enjoying several arancinis, it was time to head down to the bar area to test out a couple of cocktails, aka my favourite part of any night. My love for cocktails is pretty strong and No 8 know how to do a good one. The two we got to test out were the Victoria Mojito and The Quintessential Sour. 



Both cocktails were pretty special little drinks. The Victorian Moijto was almost ridiculously refreshing and the perfect drink to have in the sun (sadly we will be seeing less of that soon). The sour was quite possibly the best sour I have had in a long time! 

It was great to hear all about the festival from the This Is Edinburgh. I personally think it's such a great idea for people to try out more restaurants that aren't the usual chains. They have a great selection of different places on board, from chic modern places like No. 8 to fine dining like Mark Greenaway's Restaurant.

From the time I post this, you only have 5 days left to get involved and you don't want to miss out at all. 

Zomato have all the special menus for all the participating restaurants, so have a good look and get booking for this weekend: 


Let me know if you have checked out any of the participating restaurants and which one is your favourite!

Till the next time


No comments:

Post a Comment