Monday 2 May 2016

OOTD: Bank Holiday Monochrome


Hello!

For the last 10 years I have roughly worked mainly in retail; from a coffee shop to River Island to a bookies. So when it comes to bank holidays, I have alas never got to enjoy them until now. Realising you are off work on a Monday is a pretty awesome feeling.

The weather has been pretty odd the last few days and bank holiday Monday was no different. One minute it was crazy windy, then pouring it down then bright sunshine. So of course as soon as this sun reared its head again, I had to make sure I got some OOTD photos taken.




Top - Primark
Jacket - George @ ASDA
Trousers - New Look
Necklace - Primark
Shoes - H&M
Bag - Hallhuber


...And yes I am wearing a monochrome outfit once again. How different for me? I guess you could say I am stuck in a rut when it comes to my fashion choices but I can't help but loving the black & white look. I feel more like me which is always a confident boost. 

I've seen so many times people calling out others on social media for not wearing 'colourful' clothing but you know it's not for everyone. I admire anyone who can rock a bright outfit but alas unicorns and pastel colours are just not me. I would feel like a fraud if I even chose to wear stuff like that. 

The most important thing about fashion is to be yourself. Wear what makes you happy and have fun with it if you fancy. There shouldn't be rules or a 'blogger' look. 



I also used this OOTD chance to feature this beautiful new handbag I received. I was recently invited to an event hosted by Ultimo and House of Fraser which was so much fun. Keep your eyes peeled for a full post about that soon. 

As well as being treated to some amazing goodies from LancĂ´me and Ultimo, we also all got gifted our very own Hallhuber handbag. The kindly donated a few bags for us to choose from and I knew this black perforated number was the one for me. It comes with its own mini bag inside and has the sturdiest bamboo handles ever. It was love at first sight!


Let me know if you have felt pressure to dress a certain way to 'fit in' or do you just stick to being yourself and loving it? 


Till the next time!


X

7 comments:

  1. Your hair looks amazing when you are in all black, makes it look extra vibrant! That jacket is just to die for too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah it's not bad for a wee ASDA number :D

      x

      Delete
  2. Colour was my thing when I was a kid and then again during my teenage scene days but now I predominately live my life in black and white. I always feel a little self conscious whenever I wear colour as people always feel the need to make a big deal out of it. As far as I'm concerned, people can wear what they like. It's their body after all!

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. I think some people can get themselves too worried about what other people choose to wear.

      xx

      Delete
  3. This actually made me reword one of my upcoming blog posts, because I realised I'd made it sound like colourful clothes were better - when monochrome is just as amazing! And it works really well with your hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colourful clothes are so much fun to be fair :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm in a bit of a style rut too but I also love a monochrome look which I generally stick to most days I'm not working. Really like your trousers and the bag is super cute!! Plus this look makes your hair pop!! So technically you are oozing colour!

    ReplyDelete