Sunday 15 May 2016

OOTD: Vintage Florals


Hello!

I recently participated in a fashion show for The Grassmarket Vintage Festival. The dress I got to wear for said show basically stole my heart so of course it is now in my possession. 

Finally we got to see just a hint of summer over the last week which give me the perfect chance to wear my glorious vintage floral maxi dress!
This week I celebrated Sam and I's five year anniversary as well as his 34th birthday this weekend. I also headed along to the amazing launch night of Flamingosarus Rex, which I will be posting about very soon.

Of course all good weeks have their bad points. One of the biggest ones being the state of my health. After having the flu a couple not that long ago, I still seem to be suffering from the after effects of it. At the time of writing this, I am currently suffering from lovely sinus problems, mainly I seem to have gone a little deaf in one ear.

So when Saturday came along and it was time to celebrate Sam's birthday, I wasn't going to let my horrible falling apart body get in the way of fun times. So I shoved on my new vintage dress and hit the town!




Dress - Vintage
Belt - Primark 
Necklace - Primark
Jacket - George @ ASDA
Boots - New Look 
Bag - Hallhuber 


If you are a vintage shopping fan like myself you will know that sometimes it can be a frustrating experience. You may find the most glorious bit of clothing but alas the chances of it fitting are risky. So when you come across a vintage item that fits you like a glove, it is a beautiful moment. One that you should never ever turn down.

As soon as I was fitted into this dress for the fashion show, I knew it was meant to be. I never rarely wear 70s style dresses but I just fell in love with this one. From the beautiful heavy floral skirt to the gorgeous off the shoulder top. 

In keeping with my own usual style I gave the dress a 'goth' edge with my black leather jacket and cross necklace. 

Shisha pipe times with Sam

Have you ever felt that perfect moment when you have been vintage shopping? 


Till the next time!

x

12 comments:

  1. I love this dress! Especially teamed with more gothic style accessories.
    I tried on a really lovely 50s tea dress once and it fit like a glove which as you say is always the time you should snap a vintage piece up. It's a rare moment! Sadly I looked at the price tag and it was waaaay out of my budget. I was so sad to say goodbye to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Aw that is always such a gutting moment. You know if you were on budget, you wouldn't find anything. It is always the way!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!! I am also a vintage lover and vintage florals are a massive fave! This dress looks amazing on you and I'm also loving your hair!! How lucky that you got to be in a fashion show I'm jealous! www.mylifeinrosetintedglasses.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this outfit! I love vintage stuff, in both clothing and the home. I've just started planning my wedding and I can certainly feel a vintage theme coming on! ☺️ Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Oh you must, I love vintage themes at wedding. Hope the planning all goes well :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Yes queen! That dress just looks like it was MADE for you- such a wonderful feeling! You look absolutely incredible lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this on you, Emily! I never wear 70s either - it's rare you find pieces from that era that aren't like sacks on me, but this is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely. Yeah I think I tried to avoid 70s as it was so popular last year haha!

      xx

      Delete