Monday 24 March 2014

How would I style this...

Little Black Dress.

So hello there you lovely people, time for a little blog post. Now I'm doing something a little different than my usual rambling. The lovely people at Wear Eponymous are currently hosting a fantastic little competition. You are to pick one of your favourite items from their awesome range and then show how you would style it. 
Right up my street!

So I had a look around and found so many cute items but I decided to play it, well, a little safe and go for everyone's favourite LBD.



Let's be honest, you just can't go wrong with a dress like this. Simple, classic and I may add flattering shape and we all know black goes with everything. Dress it up, dress it down, you just can't go wrong!

So how would I style it?

Well at the moment, I'm going through this 90's goth, e.g The Craft phase. So I would for sure put that in there but still keeping it pretty modern.

Now let's begin, i'm going to start from the head downwards. 
I love love love love love LOVE a hat.
No, really I love hats.
So naturally I had to pick one for this outfit.


Just adding a fedora like this to your outfit can just edge it up a little. So my top tip is when in doubt, shove on a hat!

Now today the sun is shining, but it's still bloody cold. So I think we need a little jacket for this outfit:


There is a lot of black in this look so I felt the need to add a little bit of colour in there. I'm adoring pastel colours, especially pinks like this. Sadly, I don't actually think I can pull the colour off due to the old ginger hair I have going on at the moment.

Now for some tights:


I'm such a fan of crazy tights. Sometimes I don't have the "balls" to pull them off but I think every girl should own a pair of tights that isn't just black or sheer. Just adds a little bit of fun to your outfit.

Time for the shoes:

You just cannot go wrong with a good pair of boots. I'm currently on the hunt for a new pair as my good old Chelsea boots are dying on me. I'm in love with these bad boys from ASOS. So cute and the buckles add something a bit different to it.

So last but not least, some jewellery:



Necklace: Rock 'N' Rose Vintage Art Deco Cross: £22.00 

This necklace is just beautiful and it fits in with my slight 90's/Craft theme. So since we have crazy tights and a big necklace, I felt a simple delicate little bracelet would work best.

So I hope you have all enjoyed the look i've put together and you should tell me how you would style this dress.

Also, check out Wear Eponymous and their fantastic range and you still have time to enter their competition: http://www.weareponymous.com/

 
 
 X








No comments:

Post a Comment