Monday 3 March 2014

Stepping out of my comfort zone.


So to start with, I must apologise for the lacks of posts recently. I would like to say I've been a busy little bee but that's a lie. In truth, I've been a right lazy cow!

I'm hoping to do a post later in the week about The Oscars and my favourite looks from it, but for now I shall share with you some of my outfits from the last week.
Now anyone that knows me well, knows my love for skirts and dresses. I'm very rarely seen in trousers.
The reason for this is, quite honestly, I feel like I have a strange figure. Anytime I have worn jeans, I just feel like they look weird on me and highlight my "slightly" large bottom and thighs.
So I've always played it safe with a nice dress and a good pair of tights but recently I've branched out and bought some jeans and disco pants. I still feel mega out of my comfort zone but bugger it, they are just so comfy!

So first of all, this is an outfit I wore when my lovely best friend came to visit:

Kimono: Primark
Vest: Primark
Disco Pants: Primark (again)
Chelsea Boots: Topshop
Necklace: New Look

Now this was an outfit that made me feel VERY out of my comfort zone. I do love my disco pants but in the past I have worn them with slightly oversized shirts but for this outfit I went with a fairly tight vest. Somehow I think it worked and I didn't feel too massive. Good old black is slimming after all!
Plus I just adore my kimono.

Next up:

Denim Shirt: my mother's 
T-shirt: Ebay
Disco Pants: as before
Chelsea Boots: as before

So again I decided to be brave and wear yet another tightish top with my disco pants. This outfit was just for wandering around the shops. So kept it even more casual by shoving on a denim shirt that my mum gave me. 

And lastly:

Coat: River Island
Shirt: Primark
Jeans: Primark
Necklace: Primark
Boots: Primark
Bag: Not sure actually (had to for ages)

Okay okay, I've realised that alot of my outfits involve Primark. What can I say? I just can't resist them. 
I love this shirt so much, but I've struggled in the past to find other things to wear with it. If you have any other ideas on what would go with it, do let me know!
Again, I'm not a fan of jeans but I do love these ones. Mainly because they push in my stomach and push up my bum a little. The perfect jeans and cheap as chips too! 

So there we go, a quick wee post about my outfits. Hopefully will start making more of an effort with this blog of mine and try not to be so lazy in future.

Let me know if you have the same fears about trousers/jeans.

Thanks for reading!

X




1 comment:

  1. Love that RI coat! Primark have a lot of decent stuff in at the moment, I've seem to be wearing nothing but it right now :)

    Kimberley x

    ReplyDelete