Tuesday 18 March 2014

Vintage Clothing, Macarons and Cocktails.


My three favourite things. 

 

So this is just a little post about how I spent my weekend. Some weeks ago my lovely mother bought tickets for Vintage Nation in Edinburgh. Hosted by the fantastic Judy's Vintage Fair. Now everytime they come to town, I am sadly working so I made sure I could make this one. 
I'm so glad that I did. As soon as I walked into the Corn Exchange, I was greeted by the sigh of some wonderful Macarons. 
I am always on the hunt for them in Edinburgh and i've never had much luck (any edinburgh readers fancy helping me out with that?)
So, of course I had to buy them.


They are made by the lovely Mademoiselle Macaron. Due to sharing them with my mum, we picked 8 flavours: Raspberry, Pistachio, Chocolate & Passion Fruit, Rose, Lavender, Vanilla, Hendricks Gin, Innis & Gun.
My favourite had to be Chocolate & Passion fruit. Was just the tastiest little thing ever. 
You should check our their website: www.mademoisellemacaron.co.uk

So after a good sugar fix, we went for a little snoop round the actual market. 
The amount of stalls were amazing. You really could have spent all day raiding through the many racks of clothing. 
My first purchase of the day came from an adorable little stall from Bunny's Beads. 
I just fell in love with their jewelery. Such quirky and cute little pieces.
The first thing I noticed was Star Wars, Doctor Who and Sherlock themed necklaces. The geek inside me just popped out. I was could have bought loads but I ended up finding two necklaces that I just couldn't not buy.


By now you must all be aware of my Batman obsession and even more my obsession with Harley Quinn. I just adore her and at the moment i'm going through a big phase of buying lots of Harley related stuff. Bascially, these necklaces are beyond adorable and if like me, you love to bring out the inner geek, you should check them out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bunnys-Beads

Now in my dream world, I could have spent so much money but realistically that wasn't an option. I was on the hunt for a dress and by god did I find one!


Right now I am totally loving very floaty, hippy, Stevie nicks inspired dresses. The moment I found this dress, I just fell in love. You can't see it very well in the photo, but the under dress is actually a very pale pink and the over dress has a tint of green too it. At first I was worried about how it would go with my colouring let's be honest I'm pretty bloody pale but I think it works!
The stall I got this from is called VI Nouveau and again here is their website: www.vinouveau.co.uk

I never got any photos from the last stall I will mention but it was one of my favourites. I'm on the hunt for some new glasses. I do like mine but I've had them for years and I'm getting a bored of them and let's face it, I never ever wear my glasses and I need to be inspired to actually start putting them on.  Retro Peepers had the most amazing selection of glasses. All inspired by the 40's, 50's & 60's.
I can't wait to order myself a pair called "Ella Earth". Give them a check out: www.retropeepers.com
 

So after watching the fantastic acts that were on and buying even more macrons, it was time to leave. 
As soon as we got back into town, we were feeling a little thirsty, so it was off to my new favourite place 52 Canoes Tiki Den.


This drink is called The Money Shot. (notice the very phallic imagery going on with my fruit)
If any of you are in Edinburgh, then you should for sure, check this place out. The cocktails are so tasty.

We also ended up in Tigerlily for another cheeky cocktails. 



Lastly, here is my outfit from the day:


Dress: Pop Boutique @ ASOS
Necklace: Primark
Shoes: Primark
Rings: Primark

So yeah, this posted ended up a little longer than I thought but hope you've enjoyed reading it and you check out the links i've posted. I can't wait for the next time Judy's Vintage Fair come along and maybe see some of you lovely people there!

X



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic post!!! Love the dress you got xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so cute eh? Any ideas on what I could wear with it? Xx

      Delete