Sunday 15 February 2015

OOTD: The Tailored Goth


Hello again!

Yes, two blog posts in one week. Who would have thought I could manage that eh?!
I thought I would do a little OOTD style post, especially as I haven't done one in a little while. When I started my day, I didn't really plan on taking any proper outfit photos but after an amusing encounter in town this afternoon, I felt inspired.


So today I went into town to meet up with the ever so lovely Sultana from Dream To Inspire to discuss our plans for Edinburgh Bloggers this year. Which I am so excited for by the way!
Also you should really check us out on:



 On my way to meet her, I walked past a group of young girls who felt the needed to shout 'GOTH' at me. I haven't had that happen to me since I was 15 year old. For them they thought they were being clever and taking the piss but I found it all incredibly amusing and made me slightly nostalgic actually. I pretty much spent all of my teenage years getting called a goth or a mosher but not so much in my adult life. 

Quite frankly, I wasn't even aware my outfit screamed goth but hey ho!
So in honor of those lovely girls, I have decided to name my look for today as the:
 Tailored Goth
For the more grown up distinguished goth out there.


 Duster Coat: Primark
Top: StreetHub
Necklace: Primark
Disco Pants: Primark
Boots: New Look
Bag: OMG it's Primark again. Shocker

So yes this is my 'goth' look supposedly. I would be worried if they actually got a look at my 15 year old self. 
White face powder, panda eyes, studded belt, 101 jelly bangles, blaring out My Chemical Romance.

To be fair, I have found myself enjoying wearing all black at the moment. Having bright ginger hair means wearing colours can be a difficult task. Plus I'm a moody cow, so all black suits that look a lot more. Plus any excuse to wear my duster coat makes me happy. I just wish it was a little big longer. 
One day I will find the long coat of my dreams!

So after my "traumatic" goth shouting experience, I had to buy things to cheer me up. Any excuse...


I've been wanting to read Less Than Zero for a while now, especially since American Psycho is one of my favourite books/films of all time. I also couldn't resist picking up The Killing Joke. If you are a fan of Batman, especially The Joker, then I totally recommend you check it out!

Let me if you are a fan of the Tailored Goth, and if you plan on rocking it yourself. Let's make this a thing, cause you know 'Once a goth, always a goth'


Till the next time!


X












3 comments: