Saturday 21 February 2015

The Vintage Kilo Sale



Hello again!

I'm a big fan of vintage clothing. There is nothing I love better than finding an old gem of an outfit. Don't get me wrong, I am a sucker for the high street but more often than not you end up with the same dress as everyone else. With vintage clothing you know the chances of anyone owning the same item as you will be very slim. Plus, is it wrong that I kind of like the smell of the clothes?


Today The Vintage Kilo Sale came to Edinburgh. If you haven't been or heard of a kilo sale before then you have to check one out. Basically you go along, pay an entry fee, rake through all the amazing clothes on offer, grab a few items and then you pay £15 for every kilo you have. It's such a great idea, especially if you don't want to spend too much money. 

I've missed the kilo sale everytime it has come to Edinburgh but today I finally got the chance to pop along and see what they have in store!



After paying a £3 'early bird' entry free, I was ready to get my shopping on!
Luckily it wasn't too busy when we got there and they just had loads there. When shopping at a kilo sale, you have to be patient but still ballsy. If you see something you like, just pick it up. Walk around and think it over. If you leave it, it will most likely be gone by that time you go back.
Vintage shopping can be a tricky one but my lovely friend Ema has got an amazing post full of tips, which you should totally check out here: www.isitvintage.com
It definitely helped with some of my decision making today.

Here are the three pieces of clothing I purchased today:


I just fell in love with this little 80's number instantly. From the shoulder pads to the monochrome. It also has a a little sparkle through out the material. Now it is a little big on me but with just adding a little belt, it gave me a nice shape around the waist. Honestly I am a little nervous to wear this out but it was just too amazing to leave behind.


This one caught my eye straight away. I'm not always the biggest fan of florals, my inner goth hates anything bright in general but when they are done this way, I just love it. Again it is a little bit big on me but all I need is a belt to give it some shape. I also couldn't resist that amazing quirky collar.


Lastly I picked up this brilliant. jumper. I don't even think I need to explain why I purchased this. It's oversized, slightly ugly and ridiculously comfy. I can't wait to wear it on a cold day with a pair of skinny jeans and some boots.

I really could have spent all day going through the rails and buckets of clothing. Next time they come to town, I will need to save up some cash. I could have easily went a little crazy, especially on all the faux fur coats they had. If you are a fan of vintage shopping, make sure you don't miss them coming to your city. You can check out the website and dates here: http://www.judysvintagefair.co.uk/kilo

Lastly, here is my outfit from today. Obviously I had to hunt out my favourite vintage dress for the occasion. Even if it does supposedly remind my other half of 'Minecraft'

 Dress: Vintage
Coat: Primark
Sunglasses: Market Stall 
Bag: Primark
Shoes: Primark

...And yes, I am still wearing my duster coat, even if it is bloody freezing outside!
Let me know if you are a vintage lover and what you think of the items I purchased!
Is there a way I can wear that 80's number without looking too fancy dress?



Till the next time


X








10 comments:

  1. Could not stop laughing at Sam calling that dress the minecraft dress hahaha, I was just thinking how lovely it is! :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think his main goal in life is to drive me bonkers!
      I never get chance to wear that dress much at all. Think I'm going to make it my mission to wear my vintage clothes more!

      Xx

      Delete
  2. this comes to leeds too and i got some amazing bargains last year. i love the jumper! x

    http://the-dress-diaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just fell in love with the jumper. It's just so cosy and soft.

      It really is a great idea, I can imagine it can be scary when busy though!

      X

      Delete
  3. How have I never heard of this before??? This is amazing idea! I'm devastated I missed it when it came to Edinburgh :(

    Roxie ♥
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's coming back in May lovely! You must check it out. It's so much fun!

      Xx

      Delete
  4. looks like a great sale! love the dresses they look fabulous :)

    Melissa || www.melissazia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, had some amazing clothes on offer. Can't wait for when they come back :)

      Xx

      Delete
  5. Great finds! Loving that 80's number, you definitely rock it. Plus the dress you wore to the sale is kinda minecrafty but also FABULOUS! Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!
      Can't wait to get a chance to wear the 80s bad boy.

      I think that dress will be forever named 'the minecraft dress' now 🙈

      X

      Delete