Tuesday 22 March 2016

Frankly Favourites: March


Hello!

Who can believe that we are almost seeing the end of March? I probably say this every year but it has felt like this one has flown by so far. We are saying goodbye to winter and hello to spring, however my body clearly still thinks it is winter. 

Since we are edging ever so closer to April I felt it was time to recap on my Frankly Favourites for March!

TV



RuPaul's Drag Race: So my favourite program is back for another season. I have to thank my wonderful friends Louise and Katie for getting me into this last year. I've always had a love for drag but it was something I didn't look into much the older I got but I am so glad I am now. This show honestly puts such a smile on my face, seeing people being confident and creative is inspiring. Since watching it I have since went to local drag shows in Edinburgh and Glasgow and its something I am finding such a passion and love for. 

Season Eight of RuPaul's Drag Race is only a few episodes in but already it is turning out to be one of my favourite seasons. I am currently loving Kim Chi's look so much but Bob The Drag Queen and Thorgy Thor are quickly becoming favourites of mine!




People vs OJ Simpson: Being a big fan of American Horror Story I couldn't wait to see what *insert* had in store for the first season of American Crime Story. Like AHS, they will be covering different stories for each season and to kick it off they went with the famous trial of OJ Simpson. 

The timing of this new series couldn't come at a better time since we all seem obssessed with crime stories after Making A Murderer came into our lives. Like AHS, it's a little over the top at times, mainly with the hundred Kardashian refrences and John Travolta's interesting face and hammy acting. However I am finding myself hooked on this series and can't wait to see it each week! 


Fashion/Beauty



H&M: I got both these bad boys in the sale at H&M. I first came across the black pair in the branch on Princes Street but was gutted to find that they didn't have my size. Is it just me or do size 4's always end up selling out really quickly in sales? Anyway I found the white pair and decided even though they are the brightest shoes known to mine that they had to be mine.

I ended up in the new H&M at Ocean Terminal after a flu filled walk and noticed that branch also were selling the shoes. After much searching in my flu daze, I finally found the black pair in a size 4 and was the happiest ill woman around. I am still undecided what pair I like the most but they are both so comfy and I am enjoying finding outfits that I can jazz up with them. Not bad for £10 each too! 




LASplash: I have been on the hunt for a new liquid lipstick and I had been lusting after Cashmere from LimeCrime. However the reputation that company has is not great and totally put me off buying from them. After searching high and low for a good dupe, I came across LASplash in the shade 'Ghoulish'

So first up I know the picture of it on my lips isn't great, I had no other make up on and was just testing out the colour, so ignore my terrible looking skin. It went on a lot more grey than I thought it would be but once it settled it did have a slight lilac hint to it. Think once I wear it with a full face of make up and with a pinkish lipliner, it will look awesome. I hope!


Food



The Roseleaf: I am actually surprised by the fact I have yet to do a blog post about The Roseleaf down near the shore. It is one of my all time favourite places for brunch and as you can probably see why from the photos. Situated about a minute or so walk from my flat, The Roseleaf is the perfect little place to head to on a lazy day when I can't be arsed cooking.

I've been there a few times and tend to go between ordering good old eggs benny or their amazing full breakfast dubbed 'The Big Yin'. The Roseleaf is such a cute and quirky place with its teapot cocktails and vintage hats all over the place. If you haven't been then I highly suggest you get yourself down there pronto! 




Southpour: On the subject of brunch, this month I also got a chance to visit a brand new place situated in Newington. Southpour opened it's doors up this month and had a big blogger brunch to celebrate. I won't go into too much detail about it as I will be sharing a full post about Southpour very soon but it has quickly become one of my new favourite places.

I got to try out their eggs and kippers dish which is something I wouldn't normally go for but ended up loving. It is so easy to go wrong with poached eggs but Southpour nailed it. As soon as you cut into them you had lovely eggy yolk all over that beautiful fish. I can't wait to go back and try out more of their brunch menu!


Blog Posts:




Little Katie's Little Thoughts: As you all probably know by now, the lovely Little Katie is one of my good friends and she has a fantastic blog. She recently posted about her time at Edinburgh Fashion Week and even featured a little video since she is now part of the world of YouTube. You must check out her blog and YouTube channel as she is such a creative and kind soul but also bloody hilarious! 




Kimberly In The City: I've also only met Kimberly a few times now but she is one of my all time favourite bloggers and a really lovely lass. She has a great blog which features mainly travel and food which always goes down a treat with me. One of her newest posts is all about the 8 Must-Visit Restaurants in New York, a place which I just adore and can't wait to go back to. I especially love Ellen's Stardust Diner! 



Hope you have enjoyed reading about my March favourites!


Till the next time!


X

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen RuPaul but it keeps popping up on my netflix feed and I'm almost finished The Good Wife so I need a new obsession! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must give it a go. I am pretty much hooked on it now. Such a great show to binge watch!

      xx

      Delete