Tuesday 5 July 2016

Frankly Fashion: Stressful Lingerie Shopping and Longline Bras


Hello!

Bras, bras, bras. I have such a love/hate relationship with them. I think most of us bra wearers can agree that as much as they can give us support throughout the day, the feeling of taking those damn things off in the evening is a glorious feeling.

I made the crucial mistake of wearing a strapless bra to Pride Edinburgh. From 11am till 7pm, I had that demon bra on me. The moment it came off, I was filled with joy. My boobs were finally free.

Naturally I took to Twitter to whinge about said strapless bra pain and was introduced to the concept of longline bras by the lovely Malie Watson.

Long line bras had never really played a part if my lingerie shopping but after a quick google search and reading the benefits, I was straight to Debenhams the next day to find one.

So what's the deal with longline bras you may ask? Well they extend down to waist or hips which means they can help with support a lot more than a normal bra. They can also help smooth things out if you are wearing a fairly tight dress or top.

This is when things got a little stressful. I hate shopping for bras on the high street. Being a 32D shouldn't be that much of a hassle but it surprisingly can be. Mainly when some brands don't seem to believe that anyone over a D can have a 32 back.

With so many bras in the world, why is shopping for one so stressful?

Well I managed to find one of those mythical 32D in a beautiful longline style bra. I was full of excitement when I went to try it on, that feeling didn't last long. Something just didn't look right but I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe I had went up to 34?

So I asked the lovely girl at the fitting room what she thought and straight away she said "Yeah that is the wrong cup size." Wrong cup size? This had never crossed my mind. I was so sure I was a D but no, it turns out I am more like a DD.

Guess what? None of the bras in that style came in a 32DD.

I am not saying all high street shops do this but throughout the past several years I have found bra shopping a stressful experience. I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be for any who is above a D or DD.





Luckily I came across a beautiful New Look one on ASOS. It's just a shame that like most high street brands they don't seem to stock those sizes often in the actual stores.

When it comes to underwear, I am a girl of simple tastes. Black or beige for me but after a day of wearing this beauty, I want to be able to find 'pretty bras'. I want to up my lingerie game without of course spending a bomb...

So here is a few picks of longline bras that I am currently lusting after:



Top L-R: 

Bottom L-R:



Do you go for longline style? Do you have problems bra shopping on the high street?


Till then next time!

X



10 comments:

  1. Nice selection. I am a 36F so basically have to go to bravissimo if I want to try a bra on before buying it which is really annoying as they are expensive! I like the look of longline bras but have not yet tried one. One to add to the list for when I'm allowed to shop again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yeah. It is frustrating that the only way to get bigger sizes as good prices is online, but it can also be so hit and miss with sizes!

      Emily x

      Delete
  2. longline bras are so pretty! they're my favourite style. Bra shopping is the worst! I cant find a 32 B anyway unless I go online. Its just like the high street forgets that we come in all shapes and sizes.
    That new look one is lush!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! The high street must have such an issue with 32 backs it seems!

      Emily x

      Delete
  3. I have small boobs so i don't have problems shopping in the highstreet but I hate looking for new bras haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah bra shopping is never fun ha!

      Emily x

      Delete
  4. Very nice choices, I haven't heard of longline bras before but they seem like a good support for them. I know what you mean about trying to find 32DD it is harder than it seems, especially on Victoria Secret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I found it gave me such great comfort and support. My one tip with them is to try them on as the back size can be a little different in some shapes!

      Emily x

      Delete
  5. You know that you will probably also be able to wear a 32E. The difference between 32DD and E is minimal. Great article by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for this usefull article, waiting for this article like this again. Lingerie Boutique

    ReplyDelete