Friday 27 June 2014

OOTD: Vinyl & Pastels



Hello again you lovely people. Time for a little OOTD!

So yesterday I was a lucky lady indeed and was invited to pop along to The Filling Station for their re-launch. I shall be doing a post next week all about how my night went but if you fancy reading about how the cocktail masterclass, do check out my previous post here: Cocktails & Bloggers

So onto my outfit for the evening!


Crop top: Topshop
Vinyl Skirt: Topshop
Jacket: Primark
Shoes: Primark

So on Wednesday I had a little wander round the shops to find an outfit and by gosh did I have a nightmare doing that. I don't know if it's me having a big mental block when it comes to fashion or just nothing taking my fancy right now, but I really struggled to begin with. I'm finding alot of clothes on the high street are just not made for my body type which is highly frustrating. I ended up in pretty much every high street shop on Princes Street, raking through the sales and full price and was about to give up till I popped into Topshop.

Bracelets: Mixture of Primark, H&M and anything I can find in my room!

The first thing I found was the pink vinyl skirt. Now, this really isn't something I would usually go for. I tend to play it safe when I am finding an outfit for the weekend or an event. I always end up with a nice skater dress or a maxi dress. Basically, I just live in dresses. So I was quite shocked when I found myself drawn to this skirt. It's such a fun colour and it does stand out with the material, and it fitted. Hurrah! 
So I decided to pair it up with this cute little crop top.

Necklace: Primark

I'm still a little wary when it comes to crop tops. The thought of showing my stomach gives me the fear but I did fall in love with this one. All I needed to do was shove on a black vest underneath and no pale slightly flabby stomach was in sight! 
I may ended up going back to Topshop and getting some more as they came in so many different colours. Would be pretty cute paired with a high waisted maxi skirt for when the nice weather comes back! (if it ever does)

Rings: Primark (again)

Okay... I am pretty rubbish when it comes to painting my nails. I think it's a mixture of cutting my nails too short and having crazy shaky hands but anyway, I just love this pastel blue colour. It's from the 60 seconds Rita Ora range, in shade Pillow Talk. When it comes to nail colours, I am more of a black or dark red sort of girl but I think this colour is just adorable for summer. Plus it really does dry so quickly which helps if you are as useless as I am!


And lastly a little selfie! 
Yes I did just use that word....

I decided to keep my make up fairly simple (let the skirt do all the talking eh?)
Simple black eyeliner, white eyeshadow and some pink lips!

So there you have it, my outfit from yesterday.
Hope you've enjoyed and come back to read my post about how my evening actually went.

Till the next time!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment