Tuesday 8 July 2014

How Good Is Your Hood



Hello again! Time for a little blog post and this one is little different.
It's a blogger competition! How exciting!

So over the weekend I was contacted by the very lovely Lynsay aka Miss West End Girl to take part in this little competition. Now some of you probably know of Chouchou but if you haven't (do it now) here is little introduction about them:

"Born in Rome in 2008, Chouchou is Silvia Pellegrino's ode to tailored fashion.
Each piece is handmade using both contemporary and vintage textiles to create playful, tactile looks that are sweet and feminine with sport-deluxe touches.
The collections are very contemporary with a retro feel, inspired by the textiles Silvia discovers and a mix of her Italian flair and the free-spirited, bohemian lifestyle she fell in love with in Los Angeles.
Hot pants, thigh skimming hems and Hollyhoods are staples and what every piece has in common is that they are easy to wear with a particular attention to the detail.
The Chouchou woman is no slave to trends and the flamboyant designs are driven instead by lifestyle to be worn with a wink and a grin."

I funnily enough got introduced to this brand via the wonderfulness of social media, e.g Instagram.  The main thing that stands out for me with this brand are the amazing luxury hoods. They are stylish and very practical. I especially could have done for today (bloody rain!)

Now onto the competition!
Silva has created an original Hollyhood for one of us lucky bloggers to win:

The Hollyhood Sonia
 
So as you can see, it's pretty lovely!
Candy Striped cotton, Italian Denim and trimmed with soft shearling. It's abit of a babe eh?
Plus it's reversible and very versatile. You really could wear it in so many ways.

So onto how I would style it up:


I'm a big sucker when it comes to blouses and shirts. I just find this so veritable in the summer, winter, any season really!


Skinny jeans, you just can't go wrong there can you? I'm a big fan of the whole grunge thing and these jeans really fit into that look. Simple but effective. 


How awesome are these boots?! Chelsea boots are my favourites. 
I'm actually on a hunt for a new pair, so I think these might be on my wish list now. I find they add a little bit of edge to the outfit.


I am loving this brand so much. Look at how adorable and quirky this little bag is. My outfit is quite dark so I felt like we should add a little bit of colour into the mix. 

Now for some more accessories:





If you follow me on Instagram, you will know that I love my big round sunglasses so I had to add a pair into this look. Also to keep up the grungy look, I've added in a gorgeous rosary style necklace from ASOS and some really cool bracelets.


And that is how I would style up that wonderful hood. Summer casual with a grungy mix!
So thank you for reading and I hope you like my look. 

I really hope you all check out Chouchou and to entice you more, they have a a fantastic summer sale on. Freedom and Sunsets: a one off sale on the summer collection. So if you fancy updating your wardrobe with a hood or even a gorgeous new dress, pop onto the website and type in the code "HowGood20"

Sale runs till 6pm 10th July, so get in quick if you want to get a lovely luxury piece. Just click on the link here: http://www.chouchoucouture.com/



Till the next time!

X







1 comment: