Monday 1 June 2015

OOTD: Paisley Print and Blue Mondays


Hello again!

When I woke up this morning I saw the sun shining and I was in a pretty good mood. That was until that glorious sun turned into heavy rain and crazy winds. Where is this heatwave we have been promised? Having four seasons in one day is just causing chaos for my wardrobe. So I decided to play is pretty safe today.


Shirt: Primark
Jeans: Primark
Jacket: George at Asda
Boots: New Look
Necklace: Primark
Bag: It starts with a P and isn't Prada

I love this shirt from Primark, it's one of my favourite purchases ever along with that babe of a bag. I've been a bit of a debbie downer on the whole 70's trend this year but I did try adding a little bit of it with the paisley. Instead of going full boho, I decided to give it a more rock n roll vibe (yes I did just say that). I've been finding myself drawn to wearing more "masculine" outfits recently. A year ago I was all about pretty dresses and skirts, which I do still love, but I'm really enjoying androgynous styles. I'm still on the look out for a good suit! 


I also decided to try do something a little bit different with my make up. I usually go for brown based smokey eyes or a good black retro eyeliner but today I decided to embrace my inner emo and went for some red eyeshadow. I did feel a little bit like my 15 year old self going to a My Chemical Romance gig but I quite liked the effect. I need to be more creative and daring with my make up I think. 

So, after a pretty stressful weekend at work, I really needed a relaxing Monday. My original plan was to get up early and head out for some breakfast, which is actually a hint to an exciting competition I have coming up on the blog, but alas that did not exactly go to plan. My need to be lazy and sleep won over in the end. So lunch it has to be and YO! Sushi was just calling my name. The fact it was Blue Mondays, which means all the things on blue plates only cost £2.70, appealed to me even more. You just can't go wrong with some chicken teriyaki and sushi for your lunch can you?!

 
 As mentioned earlier, I will be hosting my first ever competition this week and I am so excited to tell you all the details but alas you will have to wait. It will be foodie based and I will primarily doing it via Twitter but will have a post about it very soon. So keep your eyes peeled!


Till the next time!












 




3 comments:

  1. This shirt is amazing! You look fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shirt, can't believe it's from Primark! xx

    cat / je suis cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shirt! You totally inspire me to check out high street shops when i'm usually a sucker for just buying things online- love love love! x0

    ReplyDelete