Monday 4 April 2016

OOTD: Rocky Horror Night


Hello!

With a jump to the left and a step to right, I was off to see the Rocky Horror Show at the Playhouse in Edinburgh. I have been a long time lover of this particular musical mainly due to my mother who is basically a mega fan. After seeing it once before at the Playhouse and another time in Glasgow, I was so excited to head along with my mum and my lovely friend and fellow blogger, Lucie from Tetris & (Cheese)Cakes.
Since it was a little last minute when I got my ticket, I was lacking in a decent outfit. I would love to have went all out with a corset and fishnets but alas 1. I don't own those items and 2. I would actually dread to imagine what I would like wearing them.

So after a rake around my wardrobe I came across my amazing vintage tail coat jacket that I purchased from Armstrong's ages ago for an Ann Summers Rocky Horror party. I decided to be a cross between Riff Raff, Magenta and the party guests from the film!



Jacket - Armstrong's 
Shirt - Vintage
Disco Pants - Primark
Bag - Primark
Hair Bow - Nae Idea... Probably Primark..
Necklace - Primark 
Boots - New Look 



Eyeshadow - Urban Decay Last Call & Baked 
Eyeliner - Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner
Eyebrows - Topshop Brow Palette in Fetch
Mascara - Rimmel Scandaleyes 
Foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear in 1C0 Shell
Contour -  Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit in Fair
Lips - LaSplash Lip Contour in Ghoulish


I don't normally tend to share my make up looks as I am no beauty blogger at all. However I was actually quite chuffed with my face for Rocky Horror so I thought I would share it. I love my Urban Decay palette which is actually an old Book of Shadows one that I've had for a while. Since I tend to keep my normal eye make up fairly simple, I haven't used it as much as I should.

Rocky Horror also gave me the change to fully wear my new liquid lipstick from LaSplash. I had been lusting after it for ages and was a little taken back by how grey it went on at first. I paired it with a pink lipliner to just give it a bit more colour. I personally love how long it stays on my face but alas it can be a little tricky to get off!




I could go on and on about how much I love Rocky Horror but I will probably just bore you all to death. Trust me when I say you need to watch the film but it is even better seeing it live on the stage. It always ends up being such a fun night and it is great to see the different types of people this musical attracts. All walks of life come along, dressed up or not, to just embrace the wonderfulness that is the Rocky Horror Show!

Plus any excuse to crimp my hair always goes down well with me...




Are you a big Rocky Horror fan? Did you get chance to see it in Edinburgh?


Till the next time 



X

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this look more than anything! Can't believe I haven't seen Rocky Horror (I know, I need a slap!) x

    ReplyDelete