Wednesday 29 June 2016

#DuvetDining with TK Maxx


Hello!

I love eating in bed. Like I love it way more than I actually should. Some days you just feel lazy and the thought of sitting at table seems like way too much effort. Even if you don't admit to enjoying it, you can't beat the feeling of sitting in bed with a bowl of food and Netflix playing in the background. 

When you go out dinner you alas have to sit at a table. How boring right? Imagine getting to eat an amazing unique seven course meal in a massive blanket fort? Sounds incredible right? 


I was very lucky to get the chance to do just all thanks to TK Maxx. Now I know what you are thinking, why would they be hosting a dinner party? 

TK Maxx have recently been running a campaign about Ridiculous Possibilities. How many times have you popped into one of their stores for something such as a simple dress but  came out with said dress and maybe a ridiculous mask. Maybe you find some quirky cutlery or a scuba diving stuff? 


So to tie in with this campaign, TK Maxx paired up with celebrity chef Gizzi Erskine to create the perfect menu for a Duvet Dining experience. 

So off I went to Marlins Wynd in Edinburgh with my blogging partner in crime, Lucie, for a night of Ridiculous Possibilities. 


The first room we entered pretty much blew me away. From the twinkling fairy lights to the secret covered up section at the back. After being refreshed with a glass of bubbly, I went to investigate their photo wall which was full of quirky props and a trampoline. It didn't take me long to get on said trampoline....

After consuming more bubbly, we were introduced to the whole concept of Duvet Dining. The curtain in front of the closed off area was pulled back and we were greeted with a wonderful sight.


Blankets, duvets and pillows everywhere. When I say everywhere, I really mean everywhere. 

After getting comfy and finding we had all been gifted an adorable notebook, it was time to tackle the amazing feat they had in store for us. 

So join me in a unique and creative seven course meal:

Warning - I have to tell you all that I managed to forget my camera ahead of this event... So yes these are all iPhone snaps. I apologise for not being a top blogger.. 


Fist up we have the Clear Tomato Consomme 'Tea' With Vegetable Stars and Baby Thai Basil. So yeah cold tomato soup in a teapot, which may not sound interesting but trust me it was delightful and not at all boring. The soup was so wonderfully tangy and full of flavour. Also plus points for cute star veggies.  



Then it was time for Goats Mousse Baby Veg Patch which honestly wasn't my favourite. The goats mousse was an acquired taste which I did like but alas I am just not a massive fan of overly veggie starters.. 



This one had me confused at first. This is Cherry and Cherry Blossom Meat Fruit with Charred Sourdough. I honestly thought it was just a cherry on a bit of bread and was confused when Lucie passed hers over to me. Turns out it was a duck pâté in the style of Heston Blumenthal's Meat Fruit. Was it odd? Yes. Did I love it? Completely 



The dish I was most excited for was the Korean Fried Chicken. I just like chicken okay. You can rarely go wrong with chicken. Luckily since Lucie is vegan, I got to eat that whole plate to myself. It was a beautiful moment in my life. 



The Crispy Tuna Rice was also a massive winner for me. Nice and crispy with that lovely bit of tuna on top. 




Egg Crème Brûlée. I have no words for this one other than, it was the best crème brûlée I have ever had. 



I really enjoyed the Golden Beetroot and Blood Orange Jellies. Full of flavour and went down a treat. I may have hunted out more after finishing my plate.... 




The menu overall was massive hit with everyone it seemed. I think the amazing atmosphere around us also added to the whole experience. After each course, we could lie back, knock back some bubbly and have a good chat. It was so relaxed and welcoming. To the point where I was kind of sad to go home.

Of course I am now on a mission to convince my other half, Sam, to let me build a blanket fort in our flat so we could have our own Duvet Dining experience. In fact I think everyone should try it at least once. Bring out your inner child and make dining fun again! 




Massive thank you to TK Maxx for having me along and treating me to such a unique experience. I think all event organisers should look to what they did and up their game big time! 



Till the next time!


X


2 comments:

  1. OMG this looks so cool! I love TK Maxx homeware. I bought a flamingo print cushion from them last weekend haha. The menu, setup, drinks, everything about this event looks so fun!
    lily kate x
    jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they had an amazing flamingo cushion in our duvet fort, may be the same one. If so it is gorgeous!

      Emily x

      Delete